Honestly, facing a safety audit can be a hard work for most of us. There is a feel of fear that appears every time a safety audit will be conducted.
Perhaps, most of us think that nonconformity found during the safety audit will create a new job load.
Truly, it is not.
The truth is that safety audit helps you improving safety in the workplace by revealing safety problems that you have not been found yet.
Or problems that you could not find so far.
Why is Checklist for Safety Audit Important?
Basically, you don’t have to worry about safety audit if you know how to face it.
With an easy to follow checklist for safety audit on hand, you do not have to worry whenever facing a safety audit.
A checklist for safety audit will guide you how to make a good preparation, act during the audit and follow up the safety audit finding.
So, make a checklist and use it when you will face a safety audit.
Optionally, you can use the following checklist.
The Safety Audit Checklist
Here is the checklist:
- Check the last safety audit findings. Have the corrective actions and preventive actions for each finding been done completely?
- Prepare appropriate evidences. Each corrective action and preventive action shall have evidences. The evidences can be documents or photos. Prepare them all.
- Prepare progress report. If you have not finished implementing corrective action and preventive action, don’t forget to prepare a progress report with evidence.
- Check all related documents. Ensure all related documents to audit are established, controlled and updated.
- Supporting data available. Records, measuring data and test data are available and can be accessed easily.
- Open your mind during the audit. Say the truth, never lie to the auditor. This helps audit process runs smoothly.
- Join the closing meeting. The auditor will explain the audit finding before releasing the formal report. During the closing meeting you have a chance to get a more detail explanation for each finding. You will not get such explanation from the formal report. So, you had better to join the closing meeting.
- Follow up new findings. It is recommended that you act immediately after receiving the audit report. Don’t postpone to take action.