Not knowing the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning is very dangerous since it will cause severe effect, i.e. death.
Remember that carbon monoxide or CO gas is the silent killer. It is because CO gas is a highly toxic gas but colorless, tasteless, and odorless.
You will not be able to recognize its existence without a carbon monoxide detector.
Look at the statistics below to see how dangerous carbon monoxide is…
A statistic from the National Vital Statistics System mentioned that there were 2,244 deaths during 2010-2015 resulted from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning.
Knowing the Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is Very Important
Even though you cannot recognize the existence of carbon monoxide gas, but basically CO poisoning is completely preventable.
As long as you know the symptoms of CO poisoning.
If you know the symptoms for sure, you will be able to take action quickly with confidence.
So, what are the symptoms?
Here are the most common physical signs of CO poisoning on your body:
- shortness of breathing
- chest pain
- difficulty in mind focus
- blurred vision
- loss of consciousness
Be careful when you feel the above sign. Get into the fresh air as early as you can, and seek medical help immediately.
However, the problem is some of these signs almost the same as the common flu signs, which will make you lose the sense of urgency.
So don’t think that you get the flu. But think that you are being exposed to carbon monoxide. It is much better for your safety.
Now, it is your turn to check your home, office, or workplace. If you believe that it is closed to the sources of carbon monoxide, then you must know the symptoms well.
Don’t forget to educate others about it and how to take necessary action immediately.
To save your life, your partners and your beloved-family.