Before starting any construction work in a chemical plant, you will want to conduct a construction safety meeting which is attended by safety in charges within your company or plant, construction workers, and laborers. It is usually conducted daily, weekly, and or monthly within the construction schedule.
At that time, you should choose appropriate construction safety meeting topics. They are very important in which you communicate any safety-related topics with the construction jobs.
Below here are 26 ideas that you can choose for the construction safety meetings at the plant site. Selection of the topics will depend on the hazard level of each construction work that you have assessed through the hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Company’s safety regulations
- Safety work permit procedure
- Hot work permit procedure
- Wearing personal protective equipment
- Potential hazards at the plant site
- Fire safety precautions
- Working under confined spaces
- Welding, brushing, and grinding safety
- Hazardous chemicals handling
- How to safely handle flammable gas and liquid
- Compressed gas safety
- Electric tools
- Electrical hazards at the construction site
- Hard hat usage
- Eye goggles usage
- When to use hearing protection devices
- Fall protection
- Safety of construction ladder
- Crane safety
- Chain block
- Safety checklist for demolition
- Chemical cleaning
- Hydrostatic pressure safety
- Construction communication procedure
- Emergency response procedure
Select one of the above construction safety meeting topics according to construction work types. For instance, if the construction works done under confined spaces, you should prioritize confined space as your construction safety meeting topic. Give more weight to that topic. But always bear in mind that to give the only topic for each meeting.